Move into Joy Pilates + Mindfulness Retreat
April 13th - 20th, 2024 in Nayarit, Mexico
Join Ky for a week of spring renewal as we dive deep into core connection, release chronic stress, restore nervous system balance, and emerge refreshed and empowered to move into your strongest, most vibrant self.
You’ll experience two mindful movement practices each day plus healing rituals, meditation, breathwork, myofascial release, and magic. ✨✨✨
Enjoy two Pilates classes per day, combined with extra practices of myofascial release, yoga, COREdanz™, and Grief Yoga® classes to connect and heal your physical, mental, and emotional body through movement, breath, dance, and play.
Let yourself be nourished with three organic meals, luxurious accommodations, and the healing ocean waters in gorgeous Chacala, Mexico
You'll have time to relax poolside, in the ocean, or exploring and adventuring in the beautiful jungles, ocean, and local town of Chacala.
You’ll RETURN TO LIFE with new energy, joy, and purpose!
You’re just a few steps away from paradise.
Email Ky at hello(@)kyautumn.com for the registration link.
About Mar de Jade Retreat Center:
Our beautiful retreat center, Mar de Jade is a blend of simplicity and luxury with stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and lush jungle, a place where you can truly recharge and renew. We'll practice daily Pilates and movement in an oceanfront studio, with waves and ocean breezes indulging your senses. You'll have plenty of time to soak up the peaceful surroundings, whether lounging in a hammock, taking a swim, or venturing out to the nearby fishing village of Chacala. Recharge in this idyllic oasis.
At Mar de Jade, nourishment is top priority. Indulge in three delicious, farm-to-table meals daily, featuring fresh and vibrant ingredients from the resort's 17-acre organic farm. Savor a variety of plant-based dishes, as well as fresh fish and chicken (no beef or pork), with dietary restrictions and allergies happily accommodated by the kitchen. And, to keep you fueled throughout your stay, tea, coffee, purified water, and more are available all day.
Community Supported Projects
At Mar de Jade, not only will you find rejuvenation, but you'll also be a part of something bigger. Your stay helps support a range of community initiatives, from a Montessori school to a wellness center and even an 18-acre organic farm. This not only provides meaningful employment for locals, but also ensures fresh and wholesome ingredients for your meals during your retreat. Join us in making a positive impact while you relax and recharge.
Meet Your Guide, Ky Russell, MA:
Hello lovely, I'm Ky!
I'm delighted you're here.
Are you called to join me in paradise to move, release, and renew?
I've cultivated this Move into Joy Retreat to guide you from stressed out to blessed out through movement, meditation, breathwork, and magic.
Our retreat will combine all my favorite movement practices to nourish and support you. I fell in love with mindful movement as a dancer at the age of five and never looked back. A former professional dancer, I have been teaching Pilates for over 20 years and also hold certifications in yoga, Grief Yoga, barre, mindfulness meditation, and breathwork.
I also hold a Master's degree in Kinesiology with a focus on women's exercise experiences and have taught stress management as a university faculty member. I've been a Balanced Body Educator since 2008, teaching Pilates Instructor Training Programs, Anatomy in 3Dimensions, and CEC workshops to Pilates teachers all over the globe.
My teaching focuses on unearthing and rebirthing healthy movement patterns through nervous system regulation, while celebrating the joy in movement and life.
When I'm not at the studio I can be found at the beach or the redwoods in Santa Cruz, CA, playing with my tween daughter (and greatest teacher) and our little dog, Scout.
Pricing & Booking Details:
Activity fee will be charged separately from the accommodation prices.
YOU ARE URGED TO BOOK EARLY TO RESERVE YOUR PREFERRED SPOT. ROOMS ARE FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED, AND THERE ARE OTHER RETREATS SCHEDULED AT THE SAME TIME.
First, reserve your spot by paying the activity fee. This fee grants you access to the daily movement, meditation, and other practices with Ky, as well as discounted group accommodation rates.
Early Bird Registration: $550 (register before 12/1/23)
Right on Time Bird: $650 (register after 12/1/23)
Next, it's time to reserve your accommodations. You will need to pay the above fee BEFORE you can reserve your room and access the group discounted prices.
When you know what room you'd like and if you have a roommate preference, book online, by phone, or email as soon as possible. It is first come, first served.
Room Rates: (note these are discounted rates and not available on the Mar de Jade regular website)
- Quad Dorm: $1050 (available as all women/femme identifying or co-ed depending on availability)
- Guest Room:
- Double Occupancy: $1300/person
- Single Occupancy: $1900
- Garden Room:
- Double Occupancy: $1550/person
- Single Occupancy: $2250
- Ocean Room:
- Double Occupancy: $1700/person
- Single Occupancy: $2550
*Children age 6 and under are free; 7-12 are welcome for $40/day. 13+ pay adult rates.
**If there are 3 people wanting a Double Room of any type, the 3rd person would be an additional $800.
***If you wish to bring children, a partner, a babysitter, etc. who do not wish to participate in the retreat, they can pay the accommodation fee listed above without paying my organizer fee. (Limited slots for this option.)
1. Book Online (unique booking link to reserve your room with special discount for retreat)
2. Call 1-800-257-0532
3. Email [email protected]
Note: The online booking system will only reserve complete rooms. If more than two people are booking together and wish to split the deposit on multiple credit cards, please call Mar de Jade directly. They are not able to guarantee shared rates if roommates do not book together.
*If you are burning to join us AND you are having trouble finding the funds, please contact Ky about trade. I am open to discussing trade with photographers, copywriters, and other talented souls!
Cancel prior to 9/1/23: full refund of activity fee minus $75 processing fee
Cancel prior to 12/1/23: 50% refund of activity fee
No refund after 1/1/2024
Mar de Jade's Cancellation Policy:
Please check the cancellation policy for accommodations when you reserve your room.
What's Included in the Activity and Accommodation Fees!
- Daily Movement Classes: Most days will have a morning Pilates class and an afternoon / evening fusion class with Pilates + yoga, COREdanz, Grief Yoga, or Mindfulness (ALL are optional). Some days may have additional/ varied movement offerings.
- Props Pack to Take Home With You: You'll receive a props pack with my favorite portable myofascial release and strengthening tools - that you can take home with you after the retreat so you can continue to release, restore, and regulate your body after you get home!
- Daily Rituals & Contemplative Activities: to deepen your experience and renewal.
- Temazcal Ceremony (or comparable alternative): an indigenous sweat lodge combining song, chanting, and herbs led by a sort of spiritual leader called a shaman or temazcalero. Incorporating song, chants, and local herbs, the ceremony takes you through four puertas, or doors, representing physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual healing. Temazcals are thought to purify not just the body but the mind and soul—healing you from the inside out.
- 7 Nights Accommodations! Each room is unique. Room options vary and are limited. All rooms include natural bath amenities, hot water, in-room safe, mosquito screens, and ceiling fans.
- 3 Healthy Meals Per Day Farm to table meals from their organic farm.
- Mats and Props Everything you need will be provided for a full Pilates practice.
- Full use of the beautiful grounds at Mar de Jade Relax in a beachfront hammock, swim in the pool, or explore the grounds - you'll have plenty of time to unwind and integrate all the teachings.
What's not included!
- Airport Transfers: Transportation from Puerto Vallarta airport to the Mar de Jade is not included. Shuttles can be arranged and coordinated with other participants. Ky will contact participants as the retreat gets closer to coordinate shared transportation.
- Gratuity: It is customary to leave tips for the wonderful, hard working staff at the retreat center as well as anyone else assisting you in your travel.
- Excursions: There is a wide variety of options for additional excursions at additional, nominal fees.
- Insurance: No one wants to have to cancel their trip but we all know it can happen. Protect your investment by purchasing travel insurance. There are many options available!
- Adult beverages.